Hydrogen 6 Inch Ice Box Water Cooled Heat Exchanger
The Ice Box is a safe and effective way to water-cool the air leaving your reflectors. It uses an air-to-water heat exchanger to water cool the hot air your reflectors produce.
- Can be connected directly to the reflector or can be wall mounted with optional wall mount kit
- Water approximately 10 degrees cooler than the room temp will eliminate the bulb heat from a 1000 watt lamp
- Allows you to keep a sealed room which keeps your CO2 in and pests and pathogens out
- For proper function the Ice Box must be installed on the exiting air duct flange, not the incoming air!
- Air-cooled reflector and inline fan with approximately 250 CFM for maximum efficiency
- Reflectors can be daisy chained using one fan as long as each reflector gets a minimum airflow of 250 CFM
- Pump sized at 300-500 GPH with 8-10 feet of lift/head pressure
- Chiller size per 1000 watts: 1/4HP Minimum, 1/3HP Optimal
- With properly sized chiller, reservoir size of 25 gallons is sufficient for almost any set up
- For optimal performance use one IceBox per reflector; Designed to use with 1/2" tubing.
Click for Ice Box Operations Manual