HydroGen PRO Water Cooled Propane CO2 Generator
- HydroGEN is the world's first and only water cooled CO2 generator, capable of removing 86% of the heat produced by burning propane or natural gas
- HydroGen can produce anywhere between 15 and 45 cubic feet of CO2 per hr
- Adjustable water flow valve
- No pilot light (flame is activated by water flow), and a tipover cut off
- An overheat shut down sensor and an oxygen depletion sensor among other things
- The unit is compact in size and can be either hung or wall-mounted anywhere in your garden
- The HydroGEN burns propane gas like other units but has a few added features, the main one being the water-cooled heat exchanger mounted above the flame. Cool water is pumped through the heat exchanger and back to a reservoir or is drained to waste. If using a reservoir you would either need a water chiller, heat exchanger or a large reservoir (all outside the grow room) to remove the heat from the water.
- Optional LP to Natural Gas Conversion Kit
- Cooling Alteratives:
- (1) The most economical way to cool the unit is drain to waste but we all want to be eco-friendly so we should only do this if using waste water to cool with, such as RO waste, waste nutrient water (somewhat-filtered), or even rain water. Doing this allows you to get two uses out of your water before dumping it.
- (2) If this isn't convenient for you, it's also energy efficient to circulate room temperature water from a larger sized reservoir located outside your room. Barrels, plastic tubs, and even small above ground swimming pools can be bought for less than $75 and make excellent reservoirs
- (3) The third most efficient method is to use a HydroGEN heat exchanger, which is a wall mount heat exchanger with an attached fan, mounted inline on the hot water discharge hose. The hot water would pass through the heat exchanger and the attached fan draws out most of the heat before it's dumped back into your reservoir. The heat exchanger and fan must be mounted OUTSIDE the grow room and must be installed in the hot water discharge of the HydroGEN to be effective.
- 4) The least economical cooling method is using a chiller (also housed outside the grow room) but is very convenient because you can use as little as 5 gallons for a reservoir. Even though we say using a chiller is the least economical way of cooling, it's still vastly more economical than using a/c to compensate for heat production.
- To operate the HydroGEN, you will need either a pump or a water flow valve but not both.
Click for Ice Box Operations Manual